How can I tell when `rescanblockchain` is finished?

How can I tell when `rescanblockchain` is finished?

Rescanning the blockchain can take some time. How can I tell (via RPC) when the rescanblockchain command has finished? Will it block until it's done, and only then return? Or is there another RPC I can use to see its progress?

Does the same answer apply to other RPC calls that might trigger a rescan, such as importmulti and loadwallet?

I'm worried about (if it blocks) the user experience of sitting there for possibly minutes with no progress indication; or (if it doesn't block) future RPC calls (such as getbalance) getting stale info before the rescan has completed.

http://bit.ly/2VnWXnk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict

couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)