Can't use bitcoin-cli commands, error message says "could not connect" from localhost

Can't use bitcoin-cli commands, error message says "could not connect" from localhost

I am simply trying to run bitcoin-cli getinfo on the same machine that my bitcoin node is running on (with bitcoind -daemon)

my bitcoin.conf file is as follows:

server='1'
rpcuser='username'
rpcpassword='password'
rpcport='8332'

The error message I receive is:

error: Could not connect to the server 127.0.0.1:0

This error is confusing me in two ways. First, my home network uses an Xfinity gateway (combined router/modem), and the local ip addresses look like 10.0.0.xx, not 127.x.x.x. Second, why is the error suggesting that it tried to connect on port 0? I have specified in bitcoin.conf that the rpc port is 8332. In this current state I can run a node, but I cannot make any rpc calls, rendering it useless for my purposes. Any advice on how to fix this issue?

http://bit.ly/2ENIwnA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict

couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)