After downloading the entire Bitcoiin blockchain from a torrent, what are my next steps to link it to Bitcoin Core 0.17.1?

After downloading the entire Bitcoiin blockchain from a torrent, what are my next steps to link it to Bitcoin Core 0.17.1?

I downloaded the entire bitcoiin blockchain into my external mounted drive as seen below and named the directory bcore.

I then did a symlink to that folder like this in my home folder (~) location :

ln -s /mnt/xxxx/bcore .bitcoin

I then ran .bitcoind, but I thought I downloaded the entire blockchain. How do I know if its just syncing with what I already downloaded or is it literally downloading everything again? Is there a way to just skip verifying blocks if that is what it is doing. I don't have the time to wait hours for this since I already waited 23 hours to download the blockchain already.

Is there a file I can just download where it skips the block verification?

Also another reason why I think its downloading it again is because when i run bitcoin-qt on the bottom it says: "Syncing with Network" Which leaves me a bit confused.

enter image description here

http://bit.ly/2F2qcXM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict

couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)