Can you retrieve funds send to a legacy address created with a Segwit extended private key imported in Mycelium from a Ledger Nano S?

Can you retrieve funds send to a legacy address created with a Segwit extended private key imported in Mycelium from a Ledger Nano S?

I imported a segwit xpub6-key in Mycelium as a watch only address. It only shows address starting with 1 instead of 3, which makes sense. I retrieved a small amount on the legacy address and it shows up in Mycelium and on block explorers.

But as a watch only address, I cannot touch it in Mycelium, but it does not show up in my Ledger applications, as those are only showing the Segwit addresses.

So, is there any way of ever touching that funds again?

I found a lot of comments on sending funds from a non-segwit to segwit address, but nothing on this interesting problem.

I have to add some info: - when I derive the account extended public key from other wallets but the Ledger-wallets I get an ypub6-address, which is also showing up when I write my mnemonic key in iancoleman.io (mnemonic code converter) - technically I should not have been able to import a BIP49 public key into a non segwit wallet. Where does the xpub6-key come from in Ledger's system when you use your Segwit account (it shows the correct xpub6-key when I use the legacy account)

https://ift.tt/2MV22lF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict

couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)