Can't connect to rpc.blockchain.info with bitcoin-cli

Can't connect to rpc.blockchain.info with bitcoin-cli

I'm trying to, given a bitcoin address, retrieve the last X transactions to this address. After researches, I found this to be an interesting solution, as I don't want to download and validate the entire blockchain for this simple purpose.

On my Windows 10 machine, I downloaded bitcoin-core and tried to send a getinfo (I didn't execute bitcoin-qt as I don't want it to start syncing with the blockchain) :

./bitcoin-cli -rpcconnect=rpc.blockchain.info -rpcport=80 -rpcuser=my_id -rpcpassword=my_password getinfo

I got an error message complaining about bitcoin.conf and credentials (indeed, there was no bitcoin.conf file in %APPDATA%\Roaming\Bitcoin\)

So I created a bitcoin.conf file :

server=1
rpcuser=my_id
rpcpassword=my_password
rpcport=80
rpcconnect=rpc.blockchain.info
#rpcssl=1        #SSL mode for RPC is no longer supported

However, I get this error (bitcoin-cli has been allowed to access the web in Windows Firewall) :

error: couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)
(make sure server is running and you are connecting to the correct RPC port)

Has the service been discontinued ? Or is there a problem with my configuration ?

https://ift.tt/2AgBm9G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict

couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)