Receiving payment in Lightning Network is a big problem?

Receiving payment in Lightning Network is a big problem?

There are some requirements to receive Lightning funds. According to here,

Nothing can be received immediately after creating a new payment channel, as ‘room’ for incoming funds has to be made by spending some funds first.

I would like to be able to receive LN payment on online shop. In order to do this and in my understanding, I have to either

  1. wait until my customers fund channels to me, or
  2. find a node that already has many channels and get it connect to me with an ample amount of cap.

The former way does not make sense because users have to open another channel to my node if they've already opened one. The latter way might work if a big cap node thinks my business would be great and users would come along. Receiving in LN is very difficult and a big problem for merchants. Thoughts on it? Or if my thought above is wrong, please educate me.

https://ift.tt/2K2Gset

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict

couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)