Issue with getrawtransaction txindex and reindex

Issue with getrawtransaction txindex and reindex

I am running Bitcoin Core Deamon version v0.16.0.0 on Ubuntu and need to call the getrawtransaction command for some TX.

To use the getrawtransaction I need to run bitcoin core with txindex=1. But if I am running with txindex=1 it says that I have to run the core with reindex or reindex-chainstate.

So I did run first bitcoind -reindex-chainstate and then bitcoind -txindex=1 and it still says that I have to run with reindex or reindex-chainstate. So I tried to run bitcoind -txindex=1 -reindex-chainstate but still says run it with reindex or reindex-chainstate. Now I am running bitcoind -txindex=1 -reindex

Is this the correct way? And is it normal that bitcoin-cli getblockcountis stuck on 0?

https://ift.tt/2KuNNzA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict

couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)