What is a simple way to sign a message to verify that you possess the private key for a specific public address?

What is a simple way to sign a message to verify that you possess the private key for a specific public address?

I need to explain to somebody step by step how to go through the process of signing a message to verify they own the private keys associated with an address containing funds. This is to ensure ownership before a sale is agreed.

What is the simplest and easiest way to do this (so that I can get them to understand my instructions and be able to follow through)?

I know this can be done a number of ways (bitcoin core, Electrum, Using a Ledger or Trezor, or a browser based tool .

I appreciate any input.

Thanks.

https://ift.tt/2soMsT7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict

couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)