Can I win some money mining bitcoin with an old computer

Can I win some money mining bitcoin with an old computer

I went to nicehash.com, a website that allows users to mine bitcoins.

I have my old computer on the side, it still work perfectly, but it's pretty slow. I could use it just for the fun of trying, if I win 50$/month I'm happy.

So I'm wondering, if I try to mine bitcoins, will I win a little money or will I lose some ??

I see 2 ways of actually losing money:

-if my computer is up all day, it will use electricity. If I never get paid, then I lose money in global.

-if my computer dies, I have to buy a new one.

So the two questions are: will I ever get paid, and how much ?

For the first question, I read somewhere that for each new transaction, several computers are ask to do so calculus, and the fastest computer often wins. The computer that wins get paid, the other are not. Is it exact ?

Thank you guys !

https://ift.tt/2LEBDoH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict

couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)