How to recover my Copay wallet using the 12 word seed phrase

How to recover my Copay wallet using the 12 word seed phrase

I'm new to Bitcoin/Copay. I decided to signup at coinbase deposited $80. I read you needed a wallet. I decided on copay. Transferred the funds to my wallet. Everything processed smoothly and my copay wallet showed $76. I then went to the merchant and tried to pay. A spend password popped up. i couldn't remember the password. I may have mixed it up with my coinbase password instead.

I then did a little digging online and read that I could delete copay from my Android phone and reinstall it using the 12 word phrase to by pass/reset spending password. I did that. Now if I restore using only the phrase it creates a "Personal Wallet" with no funds in it.

If I try and restore wallet with 12 word phrase and try and guess the recovery phrase password (Under Advanced Options) I get an error saying "Could not access the wallet at the server Please Check The password of the recovery phrase (if Set) The derivation path The wallet service URL Is there any way I can recover my wallet/funds I do know the 12 word phrase. and I thought that would have all I would have needed.

Thanks for any help fixing this.

http://ift.tt/2DZ3P4p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict

couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)