How can you consolidate your personal UTXO set? (different wallet answers welcomed)

How can you consolidate your personal UTXO set? (different wallet answers welcomed)

With network fees so low at the moment, I've seen a lot of recommendations to take the opportunity to move funds to segwit addresses and consolidate your UTXO set. During peak congestion, many smaller UTXOs were simply not economical to spend and this is likely to occur again in the future. However I haven't found a definitive guide on how to actually do this.

I'm using the Ledger Nano S Bitcoin wallet, which doesn't provide the most granular control over software tradeoffs but not the most abstracted away either. As far as I can tell from the interphase I have two UTXOs in the wallet, one with the majority of my coins and one tiny one of change that I'd like to combine into the larger amount.

I thought this would be as simple as spending the full wallet amount to a new receiving address for the same wallet, and watch as the two inputs were combined into two outputs. However when I did this the wallet simply spent to two outputs of the same amount (minus a tiny fee) regardless. So since I'm assuming my end goal is to in fact combine them into a single output, what are my options here?

http://ift.tt/2Fr1IUa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict

couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)