How can a 24 word seed know when I added or removed wallets at a later point?

How can a 24 word seed know when I added or removed wallets at a later point?

Since I do not have 50 Rep points I had to post my question this way!

This is an answer by "https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/users/56917/rstack" to the question "How do Ledger Backups get stored?"

"Using words to back up wallets is a process described in BIP 39.

Basically, the mnemonic is converted into a seed. This seed is then used as the seed to a Heirarchical Deterministic (HD) wallet, as laid out in BIP 32. The seed is used to generate a Master Extended Private Key, from which all other private keys can be generated. The child key generation follows the standard of BIP 44 so it is compatible with other wallets too.

Thus, by backing up your mnemonic words, any time you enter them in a wallet, it can recreate the seed, then the master private key, then all your other keys, so your wallet is back."

When I start my Ledger for the first time I get a generated 24 word seed. At this point my Ledger has the default wallets (BTC, ETH, LTC) if any. From Rstack's answer I get how this works or could work so far, BUT how does my 24 word seed know the future when I add or remove wallets? The 24 word seed does not change after I add or remove wallets. Randomly generated public and private keys that are created in the future can no way have ties to a previously generated 24 word seed. Does not make sense!

Unless this can be explained I am going to have to assume that my public and private keys are stored somewhere and retrieved by the 24 word seed.

Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks in advance and cheers everyone.

http://ift.tt/2DJLiKs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sendrawtransaction and txn-mempool-conflict

couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)